Elive 2.1.23 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 2.1.23
The world has not ended, so now... Be Elive!
We are very excited to announce this very-early first development version of Elive and there are many reasons why we are excited! First, we want to remind you that the reason why nothing has been published yet about Elive is that there were a few things to be rewritten to ensure an overall stable system, which will make other programs more compatible and ensures this version works independently well. New ISOs can be built everyday!
And that's not all! Secondly, we have AMAZING new features coming, compared to the last version of Elive Stable 2.0 Topaz, but you need to keep in mind that this is the first development version, and it's still in an early alpha stage. We know that there are a few things to finish, so don't expect it to be working perfectly just yet. At this point in development we are more interested in your feedbacks about system optimization rather than bug reports. For now we will list the new features, which with the special collaboration with PrinceAMD, we are improving in many ways. This is a brief summary of what you can find:
- The final stable release of Enlightenment 17!
- Improvements in E17 like "focus remember", or an emodule for productivity (style pomodoro with window controls)
- Composite and transparencies even in older computers without 3D accelaration, and other good features even when not in use
- Very efficient and fast overall system
- Allows for better resolution in older computers where it was once not possible to play high quality videos due to resources required (includes HD videos in h264)
- Perfect screen sincronization in video playback.
- Kernel 3.2.0 supporting older computers, which means that new computers will be supported too
- Recent and updated applications
- Lots of packages like libreoffice ready for giving a complete suite to the end-users
- Extremely useful new tools made by Elive, like: bkp, waitfor, elivepaste, showmyip, etc...
- A enlightened terminal with a great demo
As we have already said, we will appreciate feedback about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can also comment on it in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedback on the speed/responsiveness of the system, especially with the composite enabled and disabled, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
For this development release the Elive Installer is not ready and proprietary drivers (Nvidia/fglrx) are not included. But the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
Just when you were thinking that nothing would surprise you, here is Elive on its first presentation... the best is yet to come!
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive. You can Download the ISO at the development section
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github. Help us to make Elive even better!
"Dream your life. Elive your dream"