Elive 1.0.2 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce [divider_line type=”divider_line”] The big change is of course the switch to the greatly anticipated new version of Enlightenment 17. So users can now get themes/backgrounds/animated icons from get-e.org and other places.
the release of beta version 2.1.54
There are also other changes “under the hood”!
This version includes some misc features like:[list style=”check” color=”blue-lite”]
- Audio: Multiple simultaneous sound sources
- username: you can use the DOLLAR character ‘$‘ in your username or password without having any password recognition problem
- amsn better configuration system
- login sound changed (thanks to roxville)
- some applications updated
- possibility to install other Window Managers (KDE/Gnome, etc) and have them available in the login manager directly
- possibility to install applications and have them show directly on the menus (.desktop featured)
- boot from external devices (cdrom, usb, firewire, etc) we need testers of this feature!
- e17 updated !
- names of the dock’s icons’ appear on mouse-over
- reboot/shutdown options directly from enlightenment 17
- mouse accelerator configuration
- desktop (freedesktop standards) support
- supports new animated backgrounds and new themes
[divider_line type=”divider_shadow” opacity=”15″]
[blockquote type=”blockquote_quotes” width=”500″ align=”center” css_animation=”right-to-left”]
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive![/blockquote]
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”