Elive 2.1.32 beta released
March 6, 2013
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of beta version 2.1.32
This version includes some misc features like:
- Completed redesign of the Focus system
- Special mode for e17 called night reading, which inverts the colors of your screen making the reading much more comfortable
- Created another mode called sleep, which turns your computer off in a specific time of the day or in a countdown value, configurable for each day and with different types of halting
- Moved from xine to vlc for playing DVDs
- Integrated compatibility of different file-managers with the default one
- Zenity sizes of the box fixed
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”