Elive 1.7.2 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce [divider_line type=”divider_line”]
the release of beta version 1.7.2
This version includes some misc features like:[list style=”check” color=”blue-lite”]
- Menus: This is the preliminary version of improved menus. They are better organized now, with more sections, and they should show any application that the user installs.
- b43 Wireless cards (bcm43xx) are better supported, with a suite to configure it asking for use ndiswrapper or linux native driver
- E17 Updated and improved configuration. More virtual desktops have also been included by default. The segfault bug in the pager is fixed in this version
- Tray First implementation of a trayer in Elive
- User Guide of Elive is updated (and translated to German) thanks to chattrhand
- Terminal and vim have improved functionality and looks
[divider_line type=”divider_shadow” opacity=”15″]
[blockquote type=”blockquote_quotes” width=”500″ align=”center” css_animation=”right-to-left”]
And the best is yet to come![/blockquote]
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”