Elive 1.0.2 beta released
November 14, 2007
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of beta version 2.1.54
The big change is of course the switch to the greatly anticipated new version of Enlightenment 17. So users can now get themes/backgrounds/animated icons from get-e.org and other places.
There are also other changes “under the hood”!
This version includes some misc features like:
- Audio: Multiple simultaneous sound sources
- username: you can use the DOLLAR character ‘$‘ in your username or password without having any password recognition problem
- amsn better configuration system
- login sound changed (thanks to roxville)
- some applications updated
- possibility to install other Window Managers (KDE/Gnome, etc) and have them available in the login manager directly
- possibility to install applications and have them show directly on the menus (.desktop featured)
- boot from external devices (cdrom, usb, firewire, etc) we need testers of this feature!
- e17 updated !
- names of the dock’s icons’ appear on mouse-over
- reboot/shutdown options directly from enlightenment 17
- mouse accelerator configuration
- desktop (freedesktop standards) support
- supports new animated backgrounds and new themes
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!