Elive 1.6 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce [divider_line type=”divider_line”]
the release of beta version 1.6
This version includes some misc features like:[list style=”check” color=”blue-lite”]
- New improved boot system of live mode (not finished)
- Icedove 2.0
- Much better disks and partitions self recognition (filesystems, etc)
- Your CD’s can eject now without being umounted first
- Eltrans, the new translation tool for elive (eltrans is a powerful tool for any user that wishes to help with the translation process of Elive in his/her native language, it doesn’t require any computer skills, it is almost fully automated, even the n00best user can translate freely with it). Note: If you want to use eltrans, update it to the version 1.2
- Resolutions selector re-enabled temporally
- EeePC modules for his acpi support (any EeePC tester?)
- Misc improved Windows support functions
- New usernames for the IRC, now contains the language keycode, like Elive_user5_pt (for portuguese)
- The Wifi (Wireless) widget called exalt is working again (thanks watchwolf!)
- The special version of Elive for MacBooks are going to be implemented on the normal Elive versions, so, this is the first compatible ISO
- New prompt!: Elive now uses a new prompt (the default line that appears in your terminals). Very similar to the old one but with more features. Let me explain these new features (please continue reading if you are a medium/advanced user): The new prompt now contains only the username and the actual directory address, but if you ssh into a remote machine (which needs to use elive or the same prompt), automatically the “@hostname” (where ‘hostname’ is the name of the remote machine) is added in your prompt; moreover, it does a fast calculation and assigns a different color for every hostname where you login. This way you know directly ‘where’ is this shell going just by looking at the terminal and you won’t make ugly mistakes thinking that you are in your local computer for example. This prompt is made in the best way for copy-pasting an address from one terminal to other in order to send or copy files. There are other features disabled by default like a direct-color assigned to your favorite hostnames, or to have an audio signal played when a login is made in your computer (very useful if you want to know WHEN somebody (or something) has logged into your computer). These features are very useful for system admins, geeks, and a good measure of normal users; for all the rest, its just a beautiful prompt :)
[divider_line type=”divider_shadow” opacity=”15″]
[blockquote type=”blockquote_quotes” width=”500″ align=”center” css_animation=”right-to-left”]
And the best is yet to come![/blockquote]
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”