Elive 2.2.2 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.2.2This new version includes:
- The new Installer of Elive ready in beta mode, with:
- Normal installation ready
- Automatic partitioning using optimal settings
- Automatic update of the installer with fixed bugs if there’s a newer version available
- Checks for HD speeds, bios clock, partitions alignment, SSD optimizations
- Much improved mounts and partitions management included in the elive tools framework
- Guided help during the installation process
- What is not ready: upgrade mode (from a previous install of Elive)
- What is not tested: migration mode (from another linux system)
We appreciate your feedbacks about the different performance and resources usage of the beta versions compared to the last stable one. You can also improve Elive by yourself in github. Help us to make Elive even better!
Note that this development release doesn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the open-source drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system without problems.
Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and lots of incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead. You can also collaborate in the development.
Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”