Elive 2.5.4 beta released
February 7, 2015
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.5.4This new version includes:
- Automatically detect and notify users about possible hard disk failures (S.M.A.R.T)
- Wine is updated to last version 1.7
- File Manager feature: You can now open .ISO images or similar format files and browse their contents. Images ares automatically mounted in a temporary directory) for easier access.
- You can now use PPA style repositories in Elive (the packager needs to have packages available for your Debian-equivalent version)
- Installer Changes: The listing of strange and encrypted partitions is improved. Improved performance of the filesystem when using the automated partitioning mode.
- Chromium browser is much improved in default configurations, removing all the annoying first-configuration, includes a pre-installed plugin “adblock” to remove ads by default, if you click on email link it opens the gmail redactor, last used tabs are by default restored on startup, and it will never pop you again about translating websites from english by default (but you can enable them in the configurations)
We need your feedbacks and reports, each version can include new things not working as expected, if is the case please contact us on our live chat or report it to from the website!
Note that this development release doesn’t include yet the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the open-source drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system without problems.
Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead.
Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”