Elive 2.5.0 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.5.0This new version includes:
- Optimizations in Kernel: CK2 (Con Kolivas patches) with the BFS (Brain F@#k Scheduler) and BFQ (Budget Fair Queueing) set by default that improves your desktop interactivity and your hard disk I/O
- Updated version 3.16.7 of the kernel to include the new CKT patches that includes a lot of bug-fixes
- Much more friendly way to know who and where you are in your terminal as you can see on this example screenshot
- Much better integration of Dropbox in your File-Manager
- An amazing tool called git-watcher is now in Elive
- fixed a message in the boot process about a Glib-Warning
Notes from the Developers:
Kernel: As you may know we ship with elivized kernels from debian backports, this means that they are very good quality kernels with some few modifications by Elive, recently there was also included the CKT patches that includes a good amount of bugfixes, expect rock-solid stability in Elive! Finally, we are also trying the BFQ and BFS patches which are meant to improve the desktop interactivity and overall speed of the system, if you feel your Elive system more light and responsive now (and if you don’t) please tell us it with the Feeback button, so we want to know it 🙂
Terminal: One of the most important things when you are working in your terminal is to know where and who you are, but include this information in a non-obtrusive way is not easy, minimalism is a good concept but even more imporant “don’t do it if you don’t need to”, so the terminal will only show your username if you are not the default system’s user, which is in red if is root which is very important to see everytime, and as an extra-extra bonus it also shows your hostname if you are working remotely!
Git-watcher: Are you a git user? do you are maintaining a specific branch? do you want to learn programming by reading commits? would you like to read git commits like you was in an RSS? if you have any of these needs, git-watcher is the most handiest and automated tool for you 🙂
Remember:We need your feedbacks and reports, each version can include new things not working as expected, if is the case please contact us on our live chat or report it to from the website! Note that this development release doesn’t include yet the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the open-source drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system without problems. Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead. Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life. Elive your dream”