Elive 1.9.24 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.24
- Debian: We have finished syncing the repositories using the new Debian Lenny Stable, enjoy it.
- E17: Updated Enlightenment 17 with new features. You will notice that the 'switch desktops by moving the mouse to the edge screen' does not work on this version anymore, for that, enable the new module.
- Reiser 4: The new optimized filesystem Reiser4 is available as a module of our kernel. Note: this module is only available as kernel module, not in the installer as choice, so use it at your own risk. For experimental usages.
- Kernel Headers: The kernel headers have been pointed to a wrong build directory, thus the user did not have the possibility to build their own modules except if they pointed the symlink to the correct folder. This is now fixed for all future kernel headers.
- Scite: Scite is again our default editor, it is also the preferred choice of our users.
- Thunar: Previews of Flash videos.
- Mplayer: Some changes that include a fix of an annoying popup message when using poor-driver audio cards, and some hotkeys added for the non-gui mode like: left-click = pause, double-right-click = fullscreen, and normalized audio set by default.
- Autolaunchers: Removed old thunar autolaunchers system (you could re-enable it if you want) and we are back to our old system, this makes your Elive more light and featured, unfortunately this autolauncher system requires continuous maintenance.
- Macbooks: Better touchpad sensitivity.
- Installer: Fixed a bug verifying the integrity in computers that has a wrong clock-time set.
- LVM: Detection, mount, accessible in Live mode, available in the installer (requires manual creation of LVM).
- RAID: Detection, mount, accessible in Live mode, available in the installer (requires manual creation of RAID).
- Keymaps: A bit of work in the keymaps of the keyboards such as for slovenian, swiss and canadian. If you see any problem with the keyboard / languages please report it to http://bugs.elivecd.org
- Languages: If you are using an external booting system such as unetbootin, you can select the language from the boot now.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing that you want to report. Help us to make Elive even better and with more fast releases!
If you want to Collaborate with Elive, you can fill up your knowledges in the Collaborators page. If you have a spare USB Wireless device that you don't use, you can send it to the Elive Team for driver development testing. Just fill up an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thank you for collaborating !