Elive 1.9.18 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.18
This version includes a greatly improved new kernel and a lot of upgraded packages:
- Network Configurator: LinuxNIT has almost finished net-connector. We are currently using it at now for connecting to the internet by wired and wireless interfaces. It is now perfectly usable and stable, but please report anything wrong you found with it. Thanks LinuxNIT!
- Bookmarks: Firefox bookmarks have been updated with new entries: a good list of Gimp links and tutorials, a big list of articles about Elive since its first version, and also some about EFL development.
- Kernel: Kernel updated to version 18.104.22.168
- Wireless: All the currently available wireless drivers have been added, including the newest ath9k for Atheros cards.
- MacBooks: The bug about the WEP encription in Macbooks has been finally solved using the new ath9k driver included on this kernel.
- Note: If you have a spare Wireless USB device that you don't use, you are welcome to send it to the Elive Team that will use in the wireless drivers development tests. Just send an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thanks for your collaboration!
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO o the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing that you want to report. Help us to made Elive even better and with more fast releases!
If you want to Collaborate with Elive, you can fill up your knowledgements in the Collaborators page.
If you have a spare USB Wireless device that you don't use, you can end it to the Elive Team that will use in the wireless drivers development tests.Just fill up an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thanks for your collaboration !