Elive 1.8.2 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of a much improved development version of Elive
This version includes (finally!) the new Installer, rewritten almost entirely, with better and more user friendly features. It allows the user to install a recent version of Elive on the computer (warning: upgrade mode of installer not implemented yet)
- Installer available in this version! Ready to install Elive on your hard disk. Note: This installer is under development and not finished, The upgrade feature that allows your old Elive system to be updated to current instead of a fresh installs, is not implemented yet!
- Firefox 3: This version of Elive includes Firefox 3 (Iceweasel), that has many new and nice features, is more user friendly and useful, better looking, and apparently faster. The Elive Bookmarks are updated too with new and better ones!
- Kernel: The version of kernel 220.127.116.11 is updated with a better configuration for IDE/SATA/SCSI chipsets, so it should work on more computers, but if this is NOT the case for you (that your hard disk or cdrom media, can not boot it or are not recognized anymore), please report ASAP to the Elive channel.
- Madwifi: driver updated with new hal version, that means basically, newest (atheros) cards are supported now, like the EeeePC's model.
- Hibernation: Some changes to the hibernation method, it should work on more computers and in a better way now.
- Autoeject: Elive has implemented a autoeject system without umount being needed a while ago. This feature has not worked properly but now the eject button is detected and managed entirely by hal, that is the correct way to do it.
- QT/KDE: Some users have wanted to install some qt/kde applications, now you can install them in Elive for a more integrated look with the rest of applications!
- Resolutions selector: Small bug fixed (boot resolutions selector).
- Console keymap: Fixed, now in the installed mode you can have your chosen keyboard keymap in console mode (non-X mode)
- readahead implemented
- Skype: Moved to the static version. Because there are no sources, it is not possible to compile with the correct libraries. The static version is larger in size but fixes bugs in the interface like widgets and buttons
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO o the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us your feedback about this development version or any thing else that you want to report. Help us make Elive even better and with more frequent releases!