Elive 2.3.0 beta released
June 26, 2014
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.3.0This new version includes:
- Updated Linux kernel to 3.14 with Reiser4 patch, including a much wider range of wifi and audio card drivers for newer computers.
- Backports for Virtualbox, nvidia and fglrx drivers
- Enlightenment has a much more friendly menu of applications now
- Debian security repository is included by default
- New games included: “Super Mario War” and some “game and watch” simulators
- Elive Installer includes fixes for: migration mode, global languages configuration, keymap in console, audio configuration improvements
- More unique features included in the installer, you can see some of them on our twitter thread
We appreciate your feedbacks and reports, you can found us on the live chat most of the times!
Note that this development release doesn’t include yet the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the open-source drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system without problems.
Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead.
Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”