The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.7.10
This version includes some misc features like:
- Prism2: better prism2* wireless cards support.
- Flash: Macromedia Flash small update.
- Xorg: Xorg updates + a lot of fixes in Elive configurations of Xorg, some for Nvidia.
- e17: Some e17 gadgets configured on the fly. So for instance, if your computer supports cpufreq, that gadget is added automatically. Same with battery. If your computer does NOT support these features, the gadgets will not be added :).
- Drivers: New drivers added for: gigabit-ethernet Atheros cards, Fujistu Siemens Amilo M7400 laptop modules, HP Omnibook Pavillon, Toshiba Satellite, and some laptops manufactured by Compal Electronics, Ricoh R5u870 webcams supported, ‘quickcam messenger’ webcams supported too, 10-gigabit-ethernet Solarflare (solarstorm SFC4000) cards
- ATI: fglrx updated to version 8.6.
- Nvidia: nvidia updated to version 173.14.09.
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”