Elive 1.9.10 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.10
This version doesn't include Exalt anymore (network configurator). You have a new application available in Elpanel (not in the desktop gadget yet). It is in a early development stage but you are more than welcome to report any bug (or request feature) on http://bugs.elivecd.org. If you prefer you can still install Exalt or Wicd at your choice.
- Bar: Ibar is replaced by Itask-ng. Now elive has a zooming bar similar to the one of MacOsX like on the oldests versions of Elive in E16. It also has a very good feature enabled by default: 'lock icons' which prevents the user from removing accidentaly the icons.
- Vim: Color Scheme Hacks, the default color theme of Elive has been hacked for a better development/coding. Reading the code has been greatly improved, an example is available on this screenshot.
- PDF Printer: Is now possible to directly create PDF's from a page, document, or anything just by selecting to print in a PDF file in the printer menu.
- Networks: This version includes a new application called net-connector for configuring wifi and wired connections. This very nice application is developed by LinuxNIT and it can be started from Elpanel.
- Thunar features: New and very useful features are added in Thunar:
- Admin mode: This feature runs a thunar with admin privileges, in this way is possible to access and/or modify any file of the system. This is implemented for users that doesn't know 'how to edit a configuration in /etc' for example.
- Resize: This feature allows the user to resize images. Imagine a selection of 1000 photos which need to be resized, by selecting this option all of them will be resized in a subdirectory.
- Create links: This feature simply creates a symbolic link of a file or a directory.
- Suggeriments: Do you have a very good feature to include in the File-Manager? Your idea is welcome! Just fill in a request feature in the BTS of Elive.
- Reboot: Now reboot is not needed anymore after repartitioning the hard disk.
- Partitions listing: Better listing of partitions with correct removing from the list of the previous selected ones.
- Fake partitions: No fake partitions for the installed system anymore (that happened when the user had removed a partition during the installation process without rebooting).
- Partition info: Now the size of the partitions is also shown in the list.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO o the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing that you want to report. Help us to made Elive even better and with more fast releases!