Elive 2.5.8 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.5.8This new version includes:
- Kernel: Much improved optimizations to be smaller, faster, and more optimized. A good amount of patches are also included to improve stability even more.
- More options to select in the boot process for special machines unable to boot correctly, like some rare intel cards.
- Touchpad: automated detections and special configurations included, like:
- clickpads has the bottom zone disabled so you are not annoyed anymore by having your mouse moving while you click
- Tap to click: By default debian has not this feature enabled but now it works again by default in your elive, just tap in your touchpad and you will have a click
- Scrolling: you can scroll vertically and horizontally using two fingers
- Extra mouse buttons in tapping: you can tap with two fingers for having right-click, or with three for having middle click
- Corners for extra mouse buttons: if your touchpad doesn’t detect more than one finger you can still emulate a right or middle click by using the upper corners of the pad
- Double tap and moving allows you to drag things
- Lots of hardware detection and configuration improvements, like Eeepc hardware hotkeys and scaling, removing of not needed drivers after to install, etc.
- Modules: When you upgrade your kernel modules they will recompile now even if the automated dkms fails.
We need your feedbacks and reports, each version can include new things not working as expected, if is the case please contact us on our live chat or report it to from the website!
Note that this development release doesn’t include yet the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the open-source drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system without problems.
Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead.
Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”