New Dev Release with the new E17!!
The rumors about Elive's death... are GREATLY exaggerated!
Elive is just Stayin' Alive... or Elive ;)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.0.2
There are also other changes "under the hood"!
Here is an excerpt from the changelog:
- Audio: Multiple simultaneous sound sources
- username: you can use the DOLLAR character '$' in your username or password without having any password recognition problem
- amsn better configuration system
- login sound changed (thanks to roxville)
- some applications updated
- possibility to install other Window Managers (KDE/Gnome, etc) and have them available in the login manager directly
- possibility to install applications and have them show directly on the menus (.desktop featured)
- boot from external devices (cdrom, usb, firewire, etc) we need testers of this feature!
- e17 updated !
- names of the dock's icons' appear on mouse-over
- reboot/shutdown options directly from enlightenment 17
- mouse accelerator configuration
- desktop (freedesktop standards) support
- supports new animated backgrounds and new themes
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version, it is not ready for end-use and the menus are not customized! please see more info on http://dev.elivecd.org/wiki/DevelRelease, download the ISO on the development section
Please download and help us test/refine what will be a REALLY awesome version of Elive and don't forget to give us feedback on the #elive-unstable channel!