The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of compiz version 1.9.42
This version includes some misc features like:
- 3g-dialer: If you want to connect to the internet from your 3G/HDSPA modem, you can use the 3g-dialer (it even supports PIN code)
- Thunar: More features have been added, specially for images and audio files, using right-click with your mouse.
- SSH: Using SSH will allow you to have direct access to enlightenment_remote features (if the remote user is also running E17).
- aMsn: New chat sessions won’t open in separate windows.
- slamr: Finally with the help of some of our users, the bug seems to have been fixed. We’re sorry for the delay; it was difficult to replicate the problem without the same hardware. We had to cross our fingers with each release to see any improvement.
- Kernel version: 126.96.36.199-elive-686 (revision 41)
And the best is yet to come!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”