Elive 1.9.31 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.31
The development for the next Stable version 2.0 continues with lots of work being put in all the time.
- USB Live: A tool to make your USB stick an Elive bootable live system !
- Acer Aspire One: Perfectly supported, also with a special tool to disable the fan when not needed (very noisy in the bed)
- Flash: Flash updated to the version 10.0.22.87
- Console: Better characters for the console mode, more languages supported, smaller font size for console.
- Music: Elive Essence is back ! from your Audio menu, also, your Music folder is full of the best music for you, the best for work, for play, or for relaxation.
- Audio Player: Ok, we have finally moved from XMMS to Audacious !, it is almost the same but using gtk2 instead of gtk1, also, with a lot more new code and plenty of more features. All the dependencies of it moved as well (e17 hotkeys, applications calls, thunar default applications, mimetypes, autolaunchers, etc), on the other hand, we can say good-bye to the amazing JESS plugin for xmms.
- Russian support is now fixed thanks to a report that someone made, if you have problems with other languages, what are you waiting for? Report it! :)
- Fixes: A lot of misc fixes, specially for those who wanted to use the upgrade mode with a dedicated /home partition, this feature is working again thanks to the report of KC.
- Features: Apart from a lot of new internal features, there are some others, such as the one where you can now enjoy having your E17 backgrounds/themes/bar saved in your reinstallations As well as a better and more stable way to detect additional operating systems in order to put them in your grub menu. Please report any operating systems not added to your grum menu, especially windows.
- Kernel version: 188.8.131.52-elive-686 (revision 40)
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us feedback about this development version or any thing else that you wish to report. Help us make Elive even better and increase the speed of our releases!
If you want to Collaborate with Elive, you can fill up your knowledge in the Collaborators page. If you have a spare USB Wireless device that you don't use, you can send it to the Elive Team for driver development testing. Just fill up an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thank you for collaborating !