Elive 1.7 development released
Thanatermesis proudly presents the Elive 1.7 development release!
After many silent weeks and relentless testing by our tireless users of the 1.6 and 1.6.2 development releases, we have now reached 1.7! So testers, line up at the iso check-out line and get to it! Thank you for all your hard work in helping me make Elive a better distro with every release!
OK, let's get down to the new stuff...
But first, the bad stuff... There is no installer! There are so many changes in the overall system that the installer has to be totally rewritten. I will get on that a.s.a.p, it will be the big thing to test in Elive-1.8. But I NEED your 1.7 test results and impressions in order to make a better OS!, remember that we have a very good website at http://bugs.elivecd.org to report problems or request features
Read the full changelog because this is a full-featured version of Elive with some long awaited features working out-of-the-box:
- E17 menus [first try] ready! Some users have (while others have not), noted that the menus of E17 are ugly and incomplete, the feature of correct menus is now implemented on Elive
- Suspend / Hibernation: This is a feature that a lot of users have wanted on Elive for a long time. Now it is implemented by default, working simply out of the box if your computer supports these features. Enjoy it directly on your E17 menu or by closing the LID of your laptop!
- Icons: There's a bit of a workaround in the icon theme. Not finished yet, but looking a lot better :)
- Languages: In the boot options of the Live mode, the language selector menu is enabled by default again
- Translations: As you may know, there's a new tool to make translations in Elive called eltrans, we invite you to try it because it is very easy to use and fully graphical. Italian, Dutch and German users can see the boot messages of the live mode now on his language directly, thanks to: assasukasse, AlexAnteMachina, and awolters. More translators are wanted and welcome!
- Eject CD: fixed in the live mode, shutdown
- Autolaunchers: have been reimplemented
- Printer: issues fixed on elpanel
- Elpanel: also got a few updates
- Switched to ESU!: EFL version of Gksu, thanks to PrinceAMD
- Like always, There are more changes, but too minor or internal to mention here.
Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us feedback about this development version. If you want to report something or request a function, use our BTS site. Help us to made Elive even better and with more frequent releases!
Good luck with your download and have a great E-life!