Elive 2.7.8 beta released
October 14, 2016
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.7.8This new version includes:
- Fixed an important segfault that made the graphical system to restart randomly in the previous version
- Font sizes improved and fixed a bug that made the fonts to display very big in some computers
- Blender Works again including the last version of blender available with the correct Glibc version
- Links2 web browser included for old computers and set the configuration to not be the default one when opening urls
- Extra Packages included to improve the final system, like improved GL drivers and rendering, printer configuration, i386 optimizations, better fonts for asian languages, screen blanking recovery from suspension
- Stronger structure to login in the graphical system on the live mode
- Desktop icons improved and fixed a very old bug that displayed them broken in previous versions
- Included torrent to download all the history of stable versions of Elive and other special ones
Notes from the Developers:
Bugfixing: This version is basically a bugfixing of the errors found in the previous released version
Website: We have also a bug in the website that we are unable to catch, please help us to found it! It’s basically an infinite-redirection loop that shows an error in your browser when you try to access to a specific page, like the downloads, it happens only sometimes and only to some users, so if you see the error please contact Thanatermesis asap! so he can disable plugins and configurations to know which one is the cause and solve it. Thank you!
We need your feedback, each new beta version could include things not working as expected, if is the case please contact us so that we can fix the problem asap.
The beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, its also less beautiful and less ready for the end users, you can encounter errors or uncomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”