Elive 1.6 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.6
Thanatermesis releases Elive 1.6 dev with some interesting new features!
- New improved boot system of live mode (not finished)
- Icedove 2.0
- Much better disks and partitions self recognition (filesystems, etc)
- Your CD's can eject now without being umounted first
- Eltrans, the new translation tool for elive (eltrans is a powerful tool for any user that wishes to help with the translation process of Elive in his/her native language, it doesn't require any computer skills, it is almost fully automated, even the n00best user can translate freely with it). Note: If you want to use eltrans, update it to the version 1.2
- Resolutions selector re-enabled temporally
- EeePC modules for his acpi support (any EeePC tester?)
- Misc improved Windows support functions
- New usernames for the IRC, now contains the language keycode, like Elive_user5_pt (for portuguese)
- The Wifi (Wireless) widget called exalt is working again (thanks watchwolf!)
- The special version of Elive for MacBooks are going to be implemented on the normal Elive versions, so, this is the first compatible ISO
- New prompt!: Elive now uses a new prompt (the default line that appears in your terminals). Very similar to the old one but with more features. Let me explain these new features (please continue reading if you are a medium/advanced user): The new prompt now contains only the username and the actual directory address, but if you ssh into a remote machine (which needs to use elive or the same prompt), automatically the "@hostname" (where 'hostname' is the name of the remote machine) is added in your prompt; moreover, it does a fast calculation and assigns a different color for every hostname where you login. This way you know directly 'where' is this shell going just by looking at the terminal and you won't make ugly mistakes thinking that you are in your local computer for example. This prompt is made in the best way for copy-pasting an address from one terminal to other in order to send or copy files. There are other features disabled by default like a direct-color assigned to your favorite hostnames, or to have an audio signal played when a login is made in your computer (very useful if you want to know WHEN somebody (or something) has logged into your computer). These features are very useful for system admins, geeks, and a good measure of normal users; for all the rest, its just a beautiful prompt :)
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version, and because the changes this serie has undergo it is not ready for a end-use installation on a production machine. Download the ISO in the development section
You are very welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or report any thing that you this is needed we know. Help us making Elive even better and a faster release turnaround!
Also, BIG thanks to bentejuy for making the Elive "testimonials" feature in the left side of the start page!