Elive 1.5.0 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the new development version 1.5 with big and important changes:
Big changes on Elive
Warning: This is a very experimental Elive iso. The boot system is entirely rewritten, working but not finished. A lot of auto-detection/configuration parts are not implemented yet. This version is not ready to be installed, this is a release for testers and collaborators who want to discuss it at the Elive Testers Group
- Debian Testing: Ever wanted more updated packages on Elive? ok, we switch to "Lenny" that has A LOT of packages (all?) are updated! We can't describe them all here, if you want more information about this switch, have a look at the actual ideas on this temporary page
- Elive installer: When you select a partition to install Elive on, and it already has a version of Linux on it (ANY version, and you want to replace it), and it uses a separate /home partition, there's an option to 'migrate' this system. This means that basic configurations and all the users with the files are transferred to your new Elive installation. Note: This feature is working but not fully implemented, we need testers, especially with ubuntu systems.
- More special hotkeys for special laptops working by default (we need testers!).
- Firefox: Nice feature that show thumbnails of the sites in your search results of google!
- A more integrated system of translations in Elive. Anybody is VERY welcome to be a translator, you just need to send a email to with a username and a password to use, Thank you for helping us with Elive and have it translated into your native language! :)
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version, and especially that it is not ready for daily use. Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us feedback about this development version or anything related to it that you want to report. Help us to make Elive even better and with more frequent releases!