Elive 1.9.02 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.02
The improvement of Elive for the next Stable release is proceeding smoothly, also profiting from the up coming release of Debian, to make a new Gold series release(based on Debian Stable). All that is needed now is to finish implementing a few more things and do the needed stability tests, and add more applications to the new translations system. Any help with this translations process is more than welcome (also for English), to get started just run "eltrans" and the translation process will begin.
This version includes:
- Terminal: Fixed a bug which made the terminal unreadable (white background under white fonts). If you use a different terminal on a Elive system, such as you try to ssh into your Elive system from a gnome-based system, now the colors are adapted on the fly.
- Happy Hacking Keyboards: Special support for Happy Hacking Keyboards (pro2) with a more intuitive remapping described at boot of the system (and the possibility to disable it). These keyboards are quite expensive but very comfortable, the touch is very good and has a special layout which allows you to work without moving around your hands much.
- Thumbnails for RAW images: Thunar (the file-manager) now shows thumbnails of RAW images with a new added special feature that works regardless of format and model of the camera used.
- Installer: (Warning: these features are still in beta stage and maybe not working correctly, please DO backup your system first and report any problem encountered)
- Upgrade Mode: This feature has been long expected by all Elive users who want to reinstall Elive without losing users and files in the process
- Migration Mode: This feature allows the user to migrate any Linux system to an Elive one. If the user installs on the same partition of the old system the installer asks if is needed to save users, configurations, files, etc.
- Verification: During the system installation, there's a check of the installed files to verify the integrity.
- Boot list: Small bug fixed about a double entry in Grub.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO in the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing that you want to report. Help us make Elive even better and with more frequent releases!