Elive 1.8.4 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of beta version 1.8.4
This version includes some misc features like:
- Fast Boot mode removed. it is not really useful sincer is not possible to accelerate the boot for generic machines (Elive is adapted to any hardware). It is only possible when a system is made for a specific hardware. You would also need to remove a lot of modules in the kernel and enable it in fixed mode, and a smaller kernel that loads faster, remove unused services and enable fixed ones. In other words: be patient with the boot of your operating system, at least you can maintain it without reboot for more than one year like this Elive user, if you need faster boots you can try the suspend feature
- Kernel: Back to the old mode configuration, if you have problems booting the last version of Elive your system should boot with this one
- Drivers: Added 2 new branches of ralink drivers that are needed for the EeePC model 1000h
- VFAT: Fixed a small bug that caused the /mnt/Windows_C partition to not mount by default
- Installer translated to Spanish! (only spanish right now). Thanks to ‘DammitJim’ for this translation! More translators are welcome, you just need to run the Eltrans application from the Elive Menu
- Enhanced Menus support for Windows applications, now if you install a Windows application you can see a new menu called ‘Wine’ that appears in your list of applications, with your installed applications/games directly listed
- E17 Annoying bug with the mouse temporarily fixed with a downgrade, you should notice that you don’t the options of reboot/shutdown/suspend/hibernate now… but of course you are using a development version :)
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”