This license was updated and entirely rewriten
Introduction:Elive is an operating system that includes a lot of misc software. Almost all of this software is free software, but every software has its own license like GPL or BSD (most of them are GPL). Elive must follow the permissions and rules of every license for each misc software.
This sentence may be confusing though the following example should explain it more clearly:
- Open Source software means that you can modify and adapt the software to your needs, not all of the software in Elive is Open Source. For example, if you have Flash, free to download and use though you can not modify it because Adobe does not use an open-source based license. This same problem occurs with non-free drivers, Java, Skype, or other similar applications...
As I have said, you should follow the specific license for every software that you want to do anything with. For example Apache or Enlightenment 17 uses the BSD license, that is not the same as the GPL license.
Summarized:Basically, in Elive you can:
- Change, modify and adapt the software to your needs.
- Sell or use Elive for commercial purposes.
- Use Elive for any personal or profesional work (design, music creation, publishing, etc...).
- Give or sell copies of Elive to friends or anybody.
- Install Elive in your mom's computer.
- You can install and/or use Elive at work, in your enterprise, in your home...
- You can't: make your computer fly out the window (but over windows)
- It is forbidden to use Elive for any aggression, war or crimes against humanity and/or genocide. For more details about this clause: http://www.legalventure.com/clausulamariposa/ (spanish version). Im totally against anything related with the war so I do not want any collaboration in any sense with it.
- If you have any questions or comments about this License, you can send an email to Francisco Sánchez, on the Contacts section