Elive 2.6.2 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the beta version 2.6.2This new version includes:
- Nvidia / FGRLX privative drivers are ready to be used!
- The Installer includes a lot of improvements, specially to make the install process more easy and fast, there’s a good amount of optimizations included everywhere and a cleaner installed system.
- Improved audio detection and a wider range of cards directly working
- Improved readability of colors in the terminals
- You can view your system’s logs in the TTY12
- ccache is included and enabled by default so if you compile things they will be blazing fast!
- Vim default configurations updated and improved
Notes from the Developers:
Nvidia / ATI privative drivers: This version includes the very waited integration of the privative drivers, when you boot Elive you will find now a dialog that asks you if you want to install the privative drivers in the case that is detected in your computer. This option is remembered on the installation making your installed system directly ready with them. Also, they are installed using packages so you can easly reinstall or remove them, but for that we included everything in a simple script tool that you can use to manage your drivers, which allows you to reinstall them or switch between versions, even removing it to move the open source mode which also takes care of the depending xorg.conf file. Please drop into our chat channel to tell us your experience with them! so we need to know that everything is working good :)
Installer: A lot of internal modifications are made in the installer, making the experience much more smooth, fast, and easy, there is a good amount of small bugs fixed on the installer and the installed system. We hope you found it better now.
We need your feedbacks and reports, each version can include new things not working as expected, if is the case please contact us on our live chat or report it to from the website!
Beta versions are not so optimized as the Stable ones due to debug flags and developer profiles, you can encounter errors and incomplete things, if you want a more polished system try the Stable version instead.
Download this version at the Beta Download.
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”