Elive 1.9.39 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce [divider_line type=”divider_line”] After a lot of work implementing the new kernel 2.6.30 in the development of Elive, we are obliged to switch back to the old 2.6.26 version. This is because the ATI (fglrx) driver requires an updated version of xserver-xorg which we can’t update on Elive due to compatibility and stability reasons. However, you can install it manually, it is available on our repositories (without the ati driver, of course).
the release of beta version 1.9.39
This version includes some misc features like:[list style=”check” color=”blue-lite”]
- Thunar: We added a workaround and changed configurations in thunar thanks to Phoenix suggestions (better support for 7zip, comics, fonts, thumbnails, etc).
- aMsn: Updated to the SVN version.
- bug fixed: The module slamr blocks the fine-tune step. This bug is fixed, if you see that it happens again please report it.
- Drivers updated: Madwifi, nvidia, ndiswrapper, etc.
- Flash: This is the second attempt to update to Flash 10. Please report any problems with the audio and we will go back to the stable version 9 again.
- Kernel version: 22.214.171.124-elive-686 (revision 41)
[divider_line type=”divider_shadow” opacity=”15″]
[blockquote type=”blockquote_quotes” width=”500″ align=”center” css_animation=”right-to-left”]
And the best is yet to come![/blockquote]
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”