Elive 1.7.10 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce [divider_line type=”divider_line”]
the release of beta version 1.7.10
This version includes some misc features like:[list style=”check” color=”blue-lite”]
- Prism2: better prism2* wireless cards support.
- Flash: Macromedia Flash small update.
- Xorg: Xorg updates + a lot of fixes in Elive configurations of Xorg, some for Nvidia.
- e17: Some e17 gadgets configured on the fly. So for instance, if your computer supports cpufreq, that gadget is added automatically. Same with battery. If your computer does NOT support these features, the gadgets will not be added :).
- Drivers: New drivers added for: gigabit-ethernet Atheros cards, Fujistu Siemens Amilo M7400 laptop modules, HP Omnibook Pavillon, Toshiba Satellite, and some laptops manufactured by Compal Electronics, Ricoh R5u870 webcams supported, ‘quickcam messenger’ webcams supported too, 10-gigabit-ethernet Solarflare (solarstorm SFC4000) cards
- ATI: fglrx updated to version 8.6.
- Nvidia: nvidia updated to version 173.14.09.
[divider_line type=”divider_shadow” opacity=”15″]
[blockquote type=”blockquote_quotes” width=”500″ align=”center” css_animation=”right-to-left”]
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive![/blockquote]
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”