Elive 2.1.23 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 2.1.23
This version includes some misc features like:
- The final stable release of Enlightenment 17!
- Improvements in E17 like “focus remember”, or an emodule for productivity (style pomodoro with window controls)
- Composite and transparencies even in older computers without 3D accelaration, and other good features even when not in use
- Very efficient and fast overall system
- Allows for better resolution in older computers where it was once not possible to play high quality videos due to resources required (includes HD videos in h264)
- Perfect screen sincronization in video playback.
- Kernel 3.2.0 supporting older computers, which means that new computers will be supported too
- Recent and updated applications
- Lots of packages like libreoffice ready for giving a complete suite to the end-users
- Extremely useful new tools made by Elive, like: bkp, waitfor, elivepaste, showmyip, etc…
- A enlightened terminal with a great demo
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”