Elive 1.9.32 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.9.32
This version includes some misc features like:
- Net-connector: All the bugs found are fixed, and also a few extra features.
- Synaptic: The launcher (icon) of synaptic is fixed, so you can add it to your bar for example.
- Hibernation: There’s a another even better rewritement for the hibernation system, more exactly for the swap partitions management.
- Installer: The list of bugs and features to implement on the installer is almost finished, you can report now any bug with the installer if you found any one 🙂
- Intel Resolutions: Better resolutions detection for Intel graphic cards.
- Kernel version: 220.127.116.11-elive-686 (revision 40)
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”