Elive 1.9.31 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.9.31
This version includes some misc features like:
- USB Live: A tool to make your USB stick an Elive bootable live system !
- Acer Aspire One: Perfectly supported, also with a special tool to disable the fan when not needed (very noisy in the bed)
- Flash: Flash updated to the version 10.0.22.87
- Console: Better characters for the console mode, more languages supported, smaller font size for console.
- Music: Elive Essence is back ! from your Audio menu, also, your Music folder is full of the best music for you, the best for work, for play, or for relaxation.
- Audio Player: Ok, we have finally moved from XMMS to Audacious !, it is almost the same but using gtk2 instead of gtk1, also, with a lot more new code and plenty of more features. All the dependencies of it moved as well (e17 hotkeys, applications calls, thunar default applications, mimetypes, autolaunchers, etc), on the other hand, we can say good-bye to the amazing JESS plugin for xmms.
- Russian support is now fixed thanks to a report that someone made, if you have problems with other languages, what are you waiting for? Report it! 🙂
- Fixes: A lot of misc fixes, specially for those who wanted to use the upgrade mode with a dedicated /home partition, this feature is working again thanks to the report of KC.
- Features: Apart from a lot of new internal features, there are some others, such as the one where you can now enjoy having your E17 backgrounds/themes/bar saved in your reinstallations As well as a better and more stable way to detect additional operating systems in order to put them in your grub menu. Please report any operating systems not added to your grum menu, especially windows.
- Kernel version: 18.104.22.168-elive-686 (revision 40)
And the best is yet to come!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”