Elive 1.7.7 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.7.7
This version includes some misc features like:
- Bluetooth: If a bluetooth device is detected on your computer during the boot process, you will automagically have a bluetooth applet in your tray.
- Notifications in the desktop: you will have messages on your desktop about misc events, like if you need to enter a bluetooth pin code, or if you need to wait a few seconds before unplugging a USB device (because it is still transfering data).
- Xorg: Like you may have see in previous versions, there are big and important changes in xorg. Elive is adapting to it in order to have everything still working the way Elive does it.
- Touchpad is re-enabled again
- Configurator of the graphical mode in Elive has a new feature: it scans your hard disk searching for possible configurations to use. This feature is especially useful if you have a xinerama configuration in another distro or Elive installation, or for those who have a very special configuration needed in order to run their graphical system.
- Reports: Now, users in the channel that are reporting possible issues can do tests of their reports without the need to wait to download the next release
- ATI: Some bugs were found with the FGLRX driver in Elive and nobody has reported them. It is suposed to work again now, but we still need your reports if something does not work correctly.
And the best is yet to come!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”