Elive 1.7.5 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.7.5
This version includes some misc features like:
- Updated kernel to 18.104.22.168
- Big workaround in the graphical configurations suite for the boot process
- Menu added when you have finished the graphical session, asks you what you want to do
- Some bugfixes like blackscreen in a nvidia model card or a special intel audio card added. Also fixed a problem with selecting the 3d-accelerated nvidia driver found in the previous version
- Madwifi (Atheros) wireless cards now supports a new chipsets model (the same one EeePC has)
- Option nobluetooth added to the boot parameters
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”