Elive 1.9.50 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.9.50
This version includes some misc features like:
- Reiser4 and EXT4 filesystems are now supported directly from the installer, Reiser4 with support of compression too.
- Entrance: Autologin supported
- Broadcom 43xx: wireless drivers supported (bcm43xx, bcm4312, etc)
- Shared Folders: Better implementation, more intuitive, more automatic and easy, thanks to LinxuNIT
- Nurse: New feature: verification that your system has the correct list of installed packages, that you have not removed any of them that may cause to lost any possible feature on your system
- Hibernation: Fixed and working again
- Kernel version: 2.6.30
And the best is yet to come!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”