Elive 1.9.18 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.9.18
This version includes a greatly improved new kernel and a lot of upgraded packages:
- Network Configurator: LinuxNIT has almost finished net-connector. We are currently using it at now for connecting to the internet by wired and wireless interfaces. It is now perfectly usable and stable, but please report anything wrong you found with it. Thanks LinuxNIT!
- Bookmarks: Firefox bookmarks have been updated with new entries: a good list of Gimp links and tutorials, a big list of articles about Elive since its first version, and also some about EFL development.
- Kernel: Kernel updated to version 18.104.22.168
- Wireless: All the currently available wireless drivers have been added, including the newest ath9k for Atheros cards.
- MacBooks: The bug about the WEP encription in Macbooks has been finally solved using the new ath9k driver included on this kernel.
- Note: If you have a spare Wireless USB device that you don’t use, you are welcome to send it to the Elive Team that will use in the wireless drivers development tests. Just send an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thanks for your collaboration!
And the best is yet to come!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”