Elive 1.9.51 beta released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of beta version 1.9.51
This version includes some misc features like:
- Compressed Filesystem: If you have a computer with a tiny hard disk (like EeePC 2gb SSD), you can now install Elive using a compressed filesystem so that the entire system will fit in 1 GB. Anything that you will put on it will be directly compressed on the fly and in realtime.
- Shared folders implementation with extra fixes and features
- No CD required: There is no need to burn the ISO on a cdrom anymore; you can easily install or reinstall with this method: simply point it to the ISO image on the hard drive and reboot to the latest one (from installed system). You can found this option in your Administration menu of applications.
- VPN: extra support
- toram: feature fixed
- OSS: Audio extra support (good for games or special things)
- Catalan: option from the boot selector fixed
- Kernel version: 2.6.30
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”