Elive 1.9.29 compiz released
The Elive Team is proud to announce
the release of compiz version 1.9.29
This version includes some misc features like:
- Hibernation: Big rewrite of the hibernation support in Elive, with many extras such as cleanup of old hibernated partitions, live mode detection and warning requesting if the user wants to continue with losing the hibernated state
- Installer: Lots of bugfixes and features in the installer:
- A special feature to reinstall your favorite packages at every reinstall (upgrade mode) without the need to do it yourself manually
- Some packages are not wanted by the end-user like cups, ssh, or hibernation… the user can select them in order to remove them from its installed system, this will also boost a bit the boot and also made the system more light
- same IP configuration for your network like in your installed system (for the live mode too)
- saved the extra entry’s of your /etc/hosts file into your upgraded Elive system
- ssh Host Key saved after you upgrade your Elive system
- Better management of the Swap partitions
- Boot: Fixed broken messages (dialog boxes) in the boot of the live mode
- Webcam: A simple webcam viewer is added on your Video menu of applications
- Intel Graphic cards: Improved 3d acceleration
- Compiz: The cube effect works again (but not enabled by default, since the other one is much more stable)
- Guest tools installed and configured by default. This means that you can boot Elive within VirtualBox with improvements for mouse and screen
- Using: If you install VirtualBox in your Elive system (not a default application), it will work without the need to do any trick by loading modules or adding your users to a special group
- Kernel version: 184.108.40.206-elive-686 (revision 40)
The world has not ended, so now… Be Elive!
We appreciate your feedbacks about the overall speed/lightness of the system compared to last stable version of Elive. You can say something in our chat channel directly from the running system. If you detect any lagging in the system please consider different setups like disabling composite (which you can select on the startup of the graphical system) in order to report improvements. We would also appreciate feedbacks about composite enabled or disabled in old computers, suggestions for better performances, and memory usage compared to Topaz.
Note that these development releases don’t include the Elive Installer yet because it’s not ready, we also didn’t include the proprietary drivers for now (Nvidia/fglrx) but the opensource drivers should detect your hardware and configure your system perfectly.
You can Download this version at the development section.
Please remember that this is an alpha version of Elive which is uncomplete and may have errors, if you want to see a polished result of Elive try the Stable version instead.
Give us a comment in our chat channel, you can also improve Elive by yourself in github.
Help us to make Elive even better!
“Dream your life.
Elive your dream”