Elive 1.9.39 development released
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.39
After a lot of work implementing the new kernel 2.6.30 in the development of Elive, we are obliged to switch back to the old 2.6.26 version. This is because the ATI (fglrx) driver requires an updated version of xserver-xorg which we can't update on Elive due to compatibility and stability reasons. However, you can install it manually, it is available on our repositories (without the ati driver, of course).
- Thunar: We added a workaround and changed configurations in thunar thanks to Phoenix suggestions (better support for 7zip, comics, fonts, thumbnails, etc).
- aMsn: Updated to the SVN version.
- bug fixed: The module slamr blocks the fine-tune step. This bug is fixed, if you see that it happens again please report it.
- Drivers updated: Madwifi, nvidia, ndiswrapper, etc.
- Flash: This is the second attempt to update to Flash 10. Please report any problems with the audio and we will go back to the stable version 9 again.
- Kernel version: 18.104.22.168-elive-686 (revision 41)
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing else that you wish to report. Help us to make Elive even better and increase the speed of our releases!
If you want to Collaborate with Elive, you can fill up your knowledges in the Collaborators page. If you have a spare USB Wireless device that you don't use, you can send it to the Elive Team for driver development testing. Just fill up an email to elivesystems at gmail.com. Thank you for collaborating !