Elive 1.9.02 development released- Thanatermesis (21-Sep-08 13:58)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.9.02
The improvement of Elive for the next Stable release is proceeding smoothly, also profiting from the up coming release of Debian, to make a new Gold series release(based on Debian Stable). All that is needed now is to finish implementing a few more things and do the needed stability tests, and add more applications to the new translations system. Any help with this translations process is more than welcome (also for English), to get started just run "eltrans" and the translation process will begin.
This version includes:
- Terminal: Fixed a bug which made the terminal unreadable (white background under white fonts). If you use a different terminal on a Elive system, such as you try to ssh into your Elive system from a gnome-based system, now the colors are adapted on the fly.
- Happy Hacking Keyboards: Special support for Happy Hacking Keyboards (pro2) with a more intuitive remapping described at boot of the system (and the possibility to disable it). These keyboards are quite expensive but very comfortable, the touch is very good and has a special layout which allows you to work without moving around your hands much.
- Thumbnails for RAW images: Thunar (the file-manager) now shows thumbnails of RAW images with a new added special feature that works regardless of format and model of the camera used.
- Installer: (Warning: these features are still in beta stage and maybe not working correctly, please DO backup your system first and report any problem encountered)
- Upgrade Mode: This feature has been long expected by all Elive users who want to reinstall Elive without losing users and files in the process
- Migration Mode: This feature allows the user to migrate any Linux system to an Elive one.
Votes: 1613 Tags: None
Elive 1.8.8 development released- Thanatermesis (11-Sep-08 14:58)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.8.8
This version of Elive solves 2 important problems found in the last versions: e17 has fixed a very annoying mouse bug (more exactly with the focus) and it is now possible to configure the network again (for now, we use network-manager instead of exalt, but only use dhcp and not static mode).
- Boot options: Feature added: changedevice: it allow you to change the device in the boot process. Imagine that you want to boot from an USB stick but your computer doesn't boot from USB sticks, or you have problem in the middle of the boot of Elive using CD's, with this feature you can boot from the CD and before the init process starts, you can eject the CD and insert a USB containing Elive to continue the boot process.
- Hotkeys: Mute key working now
- E17: Updated to the last version of the SVN, now some modules like battery, temperature, cpufrequency.. are enabled only if your hardware supports it, if not, they don't appear on your desktop.
- File Manager Previews: Now Thunar can preview XCF (gimp native format) images, and Nintendo-DS roms
- Automounters: This is a very requested-to-fix feature, you can now umount and mount devices without problems from thunar while the autolaunchers system of Elive is still working. If you have any problem with them now, like no-permissions, you should report the bug immediately.
- Kernel / Drivers:
- Kernel: Updated to version 184.108.40.206
- Machines: Special suppport for MSI WIND laptops
- Misc Hardware: Improved support during boot process to detect special hardware/machines, if you couldn't boot Elive in one of your machines, you should try this version.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version.
Votes: 1651 Tags: None
Elive 1.8.4 development released- Thanatermesis (21-Aug-08 16:48)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.8.4
This version has some important fixes and temporary ones
- Fast Boot mode removed. it is not really useful sincer is not possible to accelerate the boot for generic machines (Elive is adapted to any hardware). It is only possible when a system is made for a specific hardware. You would also need to remove a lot of modules in the kernel and enable it in fixed mode, and a smaller kernel that loads faster, remove unused services and enable fixed ones. In other words: be patient with the boot of your operating system, at least you can maintain it without reboot for more than one year like this Elive user (see uptime), if you need faster boots you can try the suspend feature
- Kernel: Back to the old mode configuration, if you have problems booting the last version of Elive your system should boot with this one
- Drivers: Added 2 new branches of ralink drivers that are needed for the EeePC model 1000h
- VFAT: Fixed a small bug that caused the /mnt/Windows_C partition to not mount by default
- Installer translated to Spanish! (only spanish right now). Thanks to 'DammitJim' for this translation! More translators are welcome, you just need to run the Eltrans application from the Elive Menu
- Enhanced Menus support for Windows applications, now if you install a Windows application you can see a new menu called 'Wine' that appears in your list of applications, with your installed applications/games directly listed
- E17 Annoying bug with the mouse temporarily fixed with a downgrade, you should notice that you don't the options of reboot/shutdown/suspend/hibernate now... but of course you are using a development version :)
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version.
Votes: 1623 Tags: None
Elive 1.8.2 development released- Thanatermesis (08-Aug-08 12:44)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of a much improved development version of Elive
This version includes (finally!) the new Installer, rewritten almost entirely, with better and more user friendly features. It allows the user to install a recent version of Elive on the computer (warning: upgrade mode of installer not implemented yet)
- Installer available in this version! Ready to install Elive on your hard disk. Note: This installer is under development and not finished, The upgrade feature that allows your old Elive system to be updated to current instead of a fresh installs, is not implemented yet!
- Firefox 3: This version of Elive includes Firefox 3 (Iceweasel), that has many new and nice features, is more user friendly and useful, better looking, and apparently faster. The Elive Bookmarks are updated too with new and better ones!
- Kernel: The version of kernel 220.127.116.11 is updated with a better configuration for IDE/SATA/SCSI chipsets, so it should work on more computers, but if this is NOT the case for you (that your hard disk or cdrom media, can not boot it or are not recognized anymore), please report ASAP to the Elive channel.
- Madwifi: driver updated with new hal version, that means basically, newest (atheros) cards are supported now, like the EeeePC's model.
- Hibernation: Some changes to the hibernation method, it should work on more computers and in a better way now.
- Autoeject: Elive has implemented a autoeject system without umount being needed a while ago. This feature has not worked properly but now the eject button is detected and managed entirely by hal, that is the correct way to do it.
- QT/KDE: Some users have wanted to install some qt/kde applications, now you can install them in Elive for a more integrated look with the rest of applications!
- Resolutions selector: Small bug fixed (boot resolutions selector).
- Console keymap: Fixed, now in the installed mode you can have your chosen keyboard keymap in console mode (non-X mode)
- readahead implemented
- Skype: Moved to the static version.
Votes: 1489 Tags: None
Elive 1.7.10 development released- roxville (10-Jul-08 19:38)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.7.10
This release includes:
- Prism2: better prism2* wireless cards support.
- Flash: Macromedia Flash small update.
- Xorg: Xorg updates + a lot of fixes in Elive configurations of Xorg, some for Nvidia.
- e17: Some e17 gadgets configured on the fly. So for instance, if your computer supports cpufreq, that gadget is added automatically. Same with battery. If your computer does NOT support these features, the gadgets will not be added :).
- Drivers: New drivers added for: gigabit-ethernet Atheros cards, Fujistu Siemens Amilo M7400 laptop modules, HP Omnibook Pavillon, Toshiba Satellite, and some laptops manufactured by Compal Electronics, Ricoh R5u870 webcams supported, 'quickcam messenger' webcams supported too, 10-gigabit-ethernet Solarflare (solarstorm SFC4000) cards
- ATI: fglrx updated to version 8.6.
- Nvidia: nvidia updated to version 173.14.09.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO at the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us your feedback about this development version or anything else that you want to report. Help us make Elive even better and with more frequent releases!
Votes: 1314 Tags: None
Elive 1.7.7 development released- Thanatermesis (09-Jun-08 22:07)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.7.7
This release includes:
- Bluetooth: If a bluetooth device is detected on your computer during the boot process, you will automagically have a bluetooth applet in your tray.
- Notifications in the desktop: you will have messages on your desktop about misc events, like if you need to enter a bluetooth pin code, or if you need to wait a few seconds before unplugging a USB device (because it is still transfering data).
- Xorg: Like you may have see in previous versions, there are big and important changes in xorg. Elive is adapting to it in order to have everything still working the way Elive does it.
- Touchpad is re-enabled again
- Configurator of the graphical mode in Elive has a new feature: it scans your hard disk searching for possible configurations to use. This feature is especially useful if you have a xinerama configuration in another distro or Elive installation, or for those who have a very special configuration needed in order to run their graphical system.
- Reports: Now, users in the channel that are reporting possible issues can do tests of their reports without the need to wait to download the next release
- ATI: Some bugs were found with the FGLRX driver in Elive and nobody has reported them. It is suposed to work again now, but we still need your reports if something does not work correctly.
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO o the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us a feedback about this development version or any thing that you want to report. Help us to made Elive even better and with more fast releases!
Votes: 1279 Tags: None
Elive 1.7.5 development released- Thanatermesis (25-May-08 12:34)
The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of the development version 1.7.5
This version includes an update of the kernel and some other things:
- Updated kernel to 18.104.22.168
- Big workaround in the graphical configurations suite for the boot process
- Menu added when you have finished the graphical session, asks you what you want to do
- Some bugfixes like blackscreen in a nvidia model card or a special intel audio card added. Also fixed a problem with selecting the 3d-accelerated nvidia driver found in the previous version
- Madwifi (Atheros) wireless cards now supports a new chipsets model (the same one EeePC has)
- Option nobluetooth added to the boot parameters
Note that this is a DEVELOPMENT version. Download the ISO from the development section
You are welcome to join our Testers Mailing List Group to give us your feedback about this development version or anything that you want to report. Help us make Elive even better and with more frequent releases!
Votes: 1226 Tags: None
Elive 1.7.2 development released- Thanatermesis (04-May-08 14:44)
Thanatermesis proudly presents the Elive 1.7.2 development release!Read more... Save to:
Votes: 1270 Tags: None
Showing 41 - 48 of 58 Articles
< Previous 12345678 Next >